Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Power Drink--Celery, Parsley, and Lemon

Pin It Now!
Well, I should probably start off with something that looks a bit more appetizing, but if there is one raw food/drink that has benefited me more than any other over the past five-six years, it is this super powerful green drink: Celery, parsley, and lemon juice.

Celery is great for any nervous conditions (like my seizure-like disorder and chronic brain stem inflammation) as it is a great source of organic (plant-based) calcium, magnesium, and sodium. While sodium has a bad rap, the honest truth is that many people, like me, are sodium deficient. While the wrong kinds of sodium may be bad, this is definitely the helpful kind.

Celery is also considered beneficial for insomnia, arthritis, brain fatigue, high blood pressure, kidney problems, neuritis, asthma, constipation, diabetes--the list goes on and on!

Parsley is a storehouse of organic minerals as well. Also good for kidney problems, arthritis, and high blood pressure, parsley has also been found useful in treating halitosis, menstrual problems, congested liver and gall bladder, obesity, and much more. It is a powerful detoxifying agent.

I add the lemon juice mostly to give this a little zing, but lemon juice is very cleansing as well, especially for the liver/gall bladder area.

When I drink this, within about fifteen minutes I feel like I am able to breathe--it's like I wasn't really breathing before. I think that effect comes mostly from the parsley, because I don't usually feel it as much without it.

Warning: Move into any juicing program slowly. Try a little at first and see how it goes. If you feel nauseous, you are probably too dehydrated to start a juicing program. Drinking a big glass or two of water right after the juice should help a great deal. I always follow up my juice with plenty of water. Some people prefer to water down their juice from the start, but that takes all the fun out of it for me.

There's no way I can put, in just one post, all the ways celery/parsley/lemon juice has helped me. I will have to save some of that for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment