Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hot and Sour Soup~A Raw Foods Treat

Pin It Now!

Well, before I leave off this little spew about coconuts, I will throw in another delightful raw foods idea that I threw together a week ago or so.

I love hot and sour soup, so I went online looking at some raw foods recipes to make some, but in the end, I wound up just throwing some things together like I always do. I'm not much for recipes - even when I was cooking all the time, I was always one to throw in some of this and some of that.

In this case, I took some red and green peppers, some mild, some hot, and some green cabbage and green onions, and I put them through the food processor to chop, then I added them to some young coconut water and cut some strips from the fairly firm coconut flesh for noodles, tossed in some sea salt and a tiny bit of balsamic vinegar (mostly for a little color), and there it was. (The next day, I had some leftovers and added some little strips of mushrooms, and that was good too.) I was afraid it would taste too "coconut-y", but it was amazingly similar to a light chicken broth.

I ate this at room temperature, but it was still very satisfying. I was amazed at how filling it was! And even a little warming, since the high good fat content of coconuts and coconut water is always very warming to me anyway. I'm sure it will be a favorite of mine in any season.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Somehow I missed this comment. Sorry :o(

      Thanks! Actually I had a real relapse and did not get back on raw foods until I was having seizures again. I'm still not totally raw, but I am about 80% right now. That brings improvement, but when I go 100% the improvement really goes sky-high. Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete