Thursday, February 17, 2011

Yummy Grapefruit Salad!

Pin It Now!

Lately Jamie and I have both been craving ruby red grapefruit like crazy! I especially like them when I take a few extra minutes to clean them (remove the skins and membrane). They are so refreshing! But I can't seem to eat a lot of fruit without it doing things to my blood sugar and hydration levels unless I eat it along with some protein and/or something high in good fats. Like....avocados! Well, I wasn't too sure at first, but I decided to try them together and I loved the combination! Then I decided to add some cilantro--Even better!

Start by peeling and sectioning your grapefruit. Then take each section and make a cut along the inside edge, cutting away just a sliver to allow you to pull back the membrane from each side of the section. Pull the membrane back carefully, and slowly continue pulling until the white thick membrane comes loose from the back as well. Once you have your cleaned grapefruit sections, simply arrange with avocado slices as pictured above.

No comments:

Post a Comment