Saturday, February 19, 2011

Almond Hazelnut Crackers

Pin It Now!
My dehydrator conked out on me a while back, and I have really been missing it somethin' awful! I keep torturing myself by looking at some of my old dehydrated favorites, while waiting for another dehydrator to arrive. I keep to raw foods a lot better when I have dehydrated goodies that I can take with me on the run--like these almond hazelnut crackers. Very filling, very satisfying!

I started with almond meal (left over from making raw almond milk and then dehydrated), added some raw coconut butter and just a teeny bit of blended soaked dates, some sea salt, and then some coarsely ground hazelnuts. I then spread the mixture in a 9 x13 glass pan, covered it, and put it in the fridge for a day. Then I cut into squares, removed the squares carefully with a rubber spatula, flattened each out individually, and placed on dehydrator trays. I dehydrated them pretty much overnight; they were nice and crispy. I shared them with friends and got some rave reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment