Friday, November 13, 2009

Dried Apple Nut Bread

Pin It Now!














Well, yesterday I tried the Pumpkin Pie Smoothie with carrot juice instead of coconut water and coconut meat, and I didn't like it much--it was a no-go. So I will stick with the coconut water. Just FYI...

Last week, I finally found a dehydrator at a Goodwill, though it was the round kind I didn't really want. Still, it's something, and I have been trying out new goodies, like this Dried Apple Nut Bread. I used some leftover Raw Apple Crisp with apples, soaked walnuts, cinnamon, and a little raw sugar, and ran it all through the food processor along with some sprouted wheat berries. Then I made little flat breads with it, although I let the dehydrator go a little too long and they were more like apple nut crackers! But they were very tasty--they were very similar to a granola bar. I thought they would be really good with some Cashew Cream, which I will try to get to soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment