Thursday, November 18, 2010

Raw Apple Cranberry Bars

Pin It Now!

These were wonderful! Mmmm....Okay, I started with the pulp from my raw apple juice, threw that in the food processor with some cranberries, almond meal, a little raw sugar, and some cinnamon. (I probably would have used raw honey or agave nectar, but I was out.)

After blending, I put that in a bowl with some chopped up walnuts, mixed it all together, and spread it out in a 9 x 13 glass pan. I ran some more walnuts and raw sugar together in the food processor, and spread this on top of the mixture for a crumb topping. Then I let it set up a bit overnight in the fridge. This also gives it a chance to let the flavors mingle.


The next morning, I cut the bars into serving sizes and carefully placed the bars on the racks of my dehydrator. I let them dehydrate throughout the day and enjoyed warm apple cranberry bars that evening. The bars kept well throughout the week, and they were a great on-the-go raw snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment