Monday, August 29, 2011

Unbelievable Raw White Cake with Ganache Frosting

Pin It Now!
"To dream the impossible dream..." In the world of raw foods, I think the "impossible dream" is probably that of making a white cake that really tastes like white cake. Sure, we can come up with carrot cakes and nut breads that compare with their traditionally baked counterparts, but white cake? I didn't think so, until my experimenting eventually yielded this raw food delight!



Made with approximately equal parts macadamia nut meal, almond meal made from blanched almonds (no-boiling method), dried coconut, and any raw sweetening agent you wish (I usually use raw honey), ingredient amounts can be adjusted to suit your taste. Mix in a food processor and put in an oiled dish. Cover and place in the fridge for a day or even two. Cake will firm up. Remove, cut in half to form layers and ice with raw ganache, which is made from 2 parts each raw cacao powder and agave, mixed with one part softened (room temp) coconut butter. (My ganache didn't come out so smooth this time, but the taste was good.)

As with all truly raw-vegan recipes, this recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free. I make this in very small batches, as it can be a little pricey.

3 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! I am requesting some the next time we get together, how's that? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Lol, okay, you know I never do anything in a timely manner, but this is ridiculous, right? Actually, I don't think I ever saw this before. But, yes, just give me a little notice so I can get it together.

    ReplyDelete